Monday, December 28, 2009

A Nice Twist on Twilight: EVERNIGHT: A book review

I happen to run across this book in Barnes and Noble and it sounded like a enjoyable little read on the way to work, so I bought it. Was I ever surprised. I love this book!

Evernight is a 327 page YA book written by Claudia Gray. It is somewhat Twilightesque, but it takes a fresh twist on the Vampire tale. I was pleasantly surprised.

From the beginning, I thought I had the story figured out. Ms. Gray turned my suppositions on their head. More than once I found myself saying: "Nice. I didn't see that coming!" Or, "I wasn't expecting that-cool!"  I can't really tell you much without giving away some suprising plot twists that make the book such a fun, unexpected and enjoyable read. I'll only be able to give you the blurb from the back of the book:


Biance wants to escape.  At the eerily Gothic Evernight Academy, the other students are sleek, smart, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

When she meets handsome, brooding Lucas, he warns her to be careful-even when it comes to caring about him. But the connection between them can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart...and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.

This is the first book in a series and I'm reading the second book, Stargazer now. I'm already running into some unexpected plot twists! It's a real page turner.

You'll love this series. I'm surprised I haven't heard more buzz about these books. I could definitly see these as a great movie. Hope someone in hollywood takes them on!

Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. I just saw this at Target the other day and almost bought it because it looks so good! I decided to put it on hold at the library instead. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it! I can't wait to read it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really going to enjoy it. I didn't expect it to be this good. I'm zipping through the second book and waiting on the third to be released in March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the same with this story! I thought I had it all figured out, as it seemed to be going along the cliche lines of an everyday vampire novel when BAM! You're hit with a surprising twist!
    I loved this book and think it is quite underrated!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!