Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Selection for Waiting on Wednesday: Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler

Waiting on Wednesday is a terrific meme started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It gives all of us a chance to see what each other are anxiously awaiting to read.

The premise of Hunger, a YA book, sounds so weird and quirky, I'm really looking forward to checking it out. It's about seventeen year-old Lisa who is anorexic. She has been appointed one of the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse (which is discussed in the book of Revelation in the bible, btw). Can you guess which one? *Hint* She's anorexic so...come on...I'll give a few more minutes for those of you who don't know the name of the four horseman...ready? Okay. Lisa is appointed to be... Famine.

I can't wait to see how the author combines the issue of eating disorders with the spiritual element that the bible prophesies is a real event, yet to come.

Hunger releases October 18th.

12 comments:

  1. I did this one a while back..I'm really looking forward to this one.

    If you just can't wait, I think you can read it on NetGalley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I was just looking this book up yesterday. It looked interesting but for some reason I have this "hmmm" Hopefully they're be some good reviews to check out. Thanks for sharing

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book sounds awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Mine is here.

    Your blog is wonderful, and I'm a new follower!

    Happy Reading,

    ●▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬●

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely blog :)

    I've seen one or two reviews of this...hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds like it has a unique twist...nice cover.

    Here's mine:

    http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/waiting-on-wednesday-sept-1/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about Hunger (and just from the premise I think it's a creative way to tackle eating disorders), nice choice! Also thanks for your kind comments about my Sleepless review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to this one as well! The cover is gorgeous which is always a bonus, but I'm loving the premise. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hunger sounds really good! I love the cover! I have to read this one. I love how some authors put Bible twists in their novels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book so rocks. It just screams 'kick-ass' :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one looks great, I'm excited about it too!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!