Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Selection for Waiting on Wednesday is Fever by Lauren De Stefano


Book Two of the Chemical Garden Trilogy

Ahh...time for one of my favorite posts. Waiting on Wednedsay was started by the fabulous Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It's an excellent way to learn about the new books that folks are excited about and looking forward to. This week, I've got my eyes set on Fever, the second book in the Chemical Gardens trilogy. If you haven't read Wither yet, you should check it out. The writing is beautiful and lyrical, the story somber, somewhat dark and thought-provoking. Let's see where Wither ends and Fever takes off...

From the moment of their escape, Rhine and Gabriel are constantly in danger. First, the police are after them for stealing their escape boat; then, they run straight into the eerie den of Madame, an old woman who collects and sells girls to the highest bidders. Worst of all, Rhine's father-in-law Vaughn seems able to find her wherever she goes.
                                                                                                                                                     
She manages to make the long journey home only to find it abandoned, her twin brother Rowan nowhere to be found. And when she discovers several of their treasured possessions are also gone, she realizes that he won't be back. Rhine's determination to find her brother remains steadfast, until she finds herself crippled by illness. . . and then, once again, at her father-in-law's mercy. Fearing for Gabriel's safety, she reluctantly leaves him behind and, unbelievably, returns to the one place she never wanted to see again.

Book One
The second book in the Chemical Garden Trilogy reveals a world outside the mansion as captivating and bleak as the one Rhine left behind--and sets the stage for an explosive conclusion.

What do you think of the cover? It seems to have provoked some strong feelings across the blogosphere. It's the same model. I am partial to the first one, Wither, but I do like the new one as well. Judging by the girl's rather wasted appearance, it looks like Rhine went through hell in this sequel...lol...I'm looking forward to finding out. What say you, fellow booklover?

Fever releases February 21, 2012 by Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing

Toodles!



13 comments:

  1. Great pick! I'm really anticipating Fever's release. I'm not all that much of a fan of the cover art but the cover doesn't change the story, now does it?
    Hope you're having a great week and thank you for stopping by my W.O.W =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't wait for Fever! To be honest, I love the fashion magazine look, but I hate this cover for Fever. The green has to go. Coloring too bright! I could go on and on but this post may end up too long. but basically I hate it. I think it's over-designed. Anyway Great Pick =DDDD

    Check out what my WOW is this week!
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the cover of a Magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one, either! Wither was such a fantastic book. I'm not sure how much I like the cover for Fever, but the colors are very nice.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have yet to read book one, but they both look so good. Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very excited for Fever! But I still think that the cover of Wither is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wither has been on my wishlist since forever! Hope I'd get to read it soon. The cover of this one is also pretty, but the first one's would be my fave.
    New follower here! Please feel free to stop by our blog and check out what books I picked this week.

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, great pick! I still need to read Wither, but I'm looking forward to starting the series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you see this video on making of the cover? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wAX0XgiXE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh!! I'm so waiting for this one too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! I loved Wither so I am excited for this one as well. =)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cover, good choice, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! Hey June if you havent already stop by my blog and enter my giveaway...if you like keynon, you'll like Elliot!!
    closeencounterswiththenightkind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!