Sunday, September 23, 2012

In My Mailbox...

It's been a while since I've made one of these posts. One book in particular that I received this week, The Diviners, motivated me. I was so tickled to receive it! I've wanted to read this since Libba Bray started writing it a couple of years ago and now it's finally here in print. I can't wait to see if it's as good as I hope it is. My thanks to Little, Brown and Co. for their generosity.

Another book I've been anticipating is At Dawn by Jobie Huges. If you're not aware, he's the true author of I Am Number Four, the YA novel that hit the NYT bestsellers list and became a movie. Jobie collaborated with James Frey of the A Million Little Pieces debacle, on writing the novel. If you recall, the author noted on the book is "Pitticus Lore", one of the novel's characters. Poor Jobie can't even use his real name or get any recognition for writing the darn book. The whole mess was written up in a huge article in the New York Times. It looks like he also lost out on a lot of the profits too. What a shame. I've been anticipating the book that he can put his name on and At Dawn is it. I really enjoyed I Am Number Four and I can't wait to sink my teeth into Jobie's new project. Thank you Sokft Skull Press.

The Shadow Society is already out in it's finished form and has a starred review, so I'm curious to check it out. My thanks to Farrar Straus Giroux for sending me the Arc. The Dark Unwinding is a gothic YA with hints of Jane Eyre. Can't wait to see what's going on here. Thanks Scholastic.

I've heard a lot about Pure and was surprised to receive a copy. My gratitude to Grand Central Publishing. The sequel is being released in February 2013. I've been intrigued by EVE since I first heard about it. Thanks to Deb and HarperCollins for sending that and it's sequel, Once.




Boy, do I have a lot of reading to do. Where am I going to find the time? I'll just have to get started and do my best. Anyone else get anything interesting?

Toodles!

8 comments:

  1. I had Eve and Once on my TBR for this month, but I may not have time to read them! I have to say that I'm totally jealous of The Diviners and I got The Dark Unwinding a few weeks back, which I'm pretty excited to read because I've been really into steampunk lately. :P I hope you enjoy everything you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chey! I didn't know The Dark Unwinding had steampunk sensibilities.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, i have not heard of any of these, am i that far out of the loop?! i will have to check them now. Happy Reading!

    Check out my IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LunaMoth, you're funny! Glad I can bring you up to speed...lol...

      Delete
  3. I will say that you have a lot of reading to do...no time for work or play or cleaning out your closets or chatting with your husband...just sit down get cozy and read!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...that's exactly how I feel a lot of the time, Patty! LOL...

      Delete
  4. Okay- each one of these books looks fabulous! I want to read them all. Great covers, too! Can't wait to get my hands on them. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!