Monday, July 29, 2013

Mailbox Monday!




I can't believe it, but I've never read a Melissa de la Cruz book. Not for lack of interest. She's a prolific writer and her Blue Bloods series sounds good. Somehow, I just never got around to any of her books. Probably because I have so many books to get to! I found her latest in my mailbox this week: Winds of Salem, a Witches of East End novel. It's a LifeTime series. I don't know if it's started yet because I'm behind on my TV watching too. My thanks to Hyperion for their generosity and their push to get me to read some of her stuff! Lol...Witches of Salem will be released 8/13/13.




I also received Scorched by Mare Mancuso. Dragons...Umm...doesn't that cover look awesome? The girl pictured is coming up against two brothers (cute I'm sure...lol), one who wants to save the dragon and one who wants to destroy it. She and the dragon look kinda chummy to me...We'll see...I'll be digging into this one soon. My thanks to Sourcebooks Fire. Scorched will be released on 9/3/13.




I'm really looking forward to reading The Twisted Key by Tone Almhjell. I learned about this book from Laini Taylor, author of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series (which is freaking awesome, btw!). She met Tone Almhjell through her blog and they became friends. Laini referred her to her literary agent, I believe, and the rest is history. We now have The Twisted Key! The cover looks so magical and the story sounds so as well. There's a strange key that opens a secret door and leads to a strange world. If you're an animal lover like me, it sounds delicious because in that world, the inhabitants were once beloved pets or tamed wild animals. My thanks to the publisher for passing this on! The Twisted Key releases 10/22/13 from Dial.

Toodles, ya'll!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. I remember receiving a Blue Bloods book, probably one of the first in the series. But as neither fantasy nor YA are my favorite genres, it didn't really stick with me. Perhaps I'm too old for this kind of stuff, or I'm too much in love wih my classics and ran slated fiction. Whatever the case, I'm glad you received such treasures this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha...I don't think I'll ever age out of YA, Bellizza!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!