Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Selection for Waiting on Wednesday: Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

Waiting on Wednesday is the weekly meme that alerts everyone to the books that are highly anticipated to be read. It was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This week, I'm going for a contemporary, realistic YA story, Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz. The description is pretty short, but it sounds intriguing...

Noah’s happier than I’ve seen him in months. So I’d be an awful brother to get in the way of that. It’s not like I have some relationship with Melinda. It was just a kiss. Am I going to ruin Noah’s happiness because of a kiss? 
 
Across four sun-kissed, drama-drenched summers at his family’s beach house, Chase is falling in love, falling in lust, and trying to keep his life from falling apart.  But some girls are addictive....


It sounds like it's written from the boy's point of view. I love stories told from the POV of the male protagonist; after all, what girl doesn't want to know what a guy is thinking?! And who can beat that cover that definitely says summertime! Bring. It. On.

Invincible Summer releases April 19, 2011 by Simon Pulse.

Toodles!

9 comments:

  1. I just read Incincible Summer thanks to an eGalley and I loved it. Totally agree with you on the cover... it's awesome. You're right, the narrator is a guy, and he's quite enjoyable. Hope you like it, June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I love reads about Summer ;) Going to have to check this one out! Thanks!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of this one before but it sounds great.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books from the male point of view, too! I hadn't heard of this yet, but I'll definitely add it to my TBR pile now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds captivating...

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good to me, must try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh this looks both yummy and familiar...I am sure I either own it or preordered it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard really good things about this book. It's definitely on my TBR list.

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!