Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Selection for Waiting on Wednesday: Surrender by Lee Nichols

It's been a while since I participated in WoW. Life gets in the way...lol...But I'm back! At least this week...hee hee hee. Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. I've learned about so many books, this way. This week, I'm looking forward to finishing the last book of a series I've been reading. Surrender is the last book of a YA paranormal trilogy. Read the final description...

After a devastating battle at headquarters in New York, the ghostkeeping world is in shambles. When Emma and Bennett return home, they are determined to defeat the wraithmaster, Neos, forever. But it's not going to be easy. Bennett's parents kick him out when they realize he is still using drugs to enhance his powers. Emma is convinced her aunt has come back from the dead to warn her of a new threat. And worst of all, Neos is using wraiths to possess the students at Thatcher Academy. If the ghosts manage to take over the entire school, even Emma won't be strong enough to stop them. But if either she or Bennett sacrifice his or her powers, they might be able to save the ghostkeeping world once and for all-and break the "ghostkeepers lose their powers when they fall in love" curse. The question is: who will be the one to surrender all power?

Fast-paced and romantic, this conclusion to the Haunting Emma trilogy will thrill readers as it brings the ghostly mystery to a close.

The romantic element was weaker in the second book. If you visit here with any regularity, you know I am all about the romance. I'm hoping it comes back in a big way in this final book in the series. We'll see...

Anyone else reading this series?

Surrender: A Haunting Emma Novel releases December 6, 2011 by Bloomsbury.

Toodles!

Book One
Book Two
                                                                                                           

13 comments:

  1. Great pick! I read Deception and I enjoyed it but I havent read the other book sniff! ^^

    MY WICKED WOW!

    Happy reading!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVEEEEEEE the cover! It's pretty! I really like it! The book sounds amazing! I don't read YA fantasy/paranormal romance books anymore, otherwise, I would go read this series. But I still like the sound of it!! Excellent choice! Thank you for sharing!

    You've got a cute button! I'm so jealoussssss.

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting, might have this on my list of series to read. Awesome pick!

    Here's my WoW pick
    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first book in this series. Your WOW is a reminder of just how behind I am on this series. Great pick! I need to get caught up on this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really interesting! I love the sounds of it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound like a "haunting" series! lol

    Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this series yet, but I probably should add it to my TBR. It sounds really good. Great pick!
    Em
    My WOW
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds captivating, great choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read this series before, but it sounds really interesting. I ought to give it a try, haha. :)

    -Kat (Midnight Reader)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deception is in my TBR list but it will take a while before I can get to it. =)

    XO, April @ Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  11. These books sound really good but the cover girl creeps me out...big time...and in a big way...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read Deception, so I don't really follow this series, but it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me, too! Me, too! I'm an all-about-romance sort of gal as well. I'm excited for the upcoming release of Surrender because that means that I can now read all of the books at once!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!