Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Selection for Waiting on Wednesday: After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedel

Waiting on Wednesday posts weekly and let's everyone know what are the hotly anticipated reads. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This week I'm interested in After Obsession. Let's see what's being said about it...

Aimee and Alan have secrets. Both teens have unusual pasts, and abilities they prefer to keep hidden. But when they meet each other for the first time, in a cold Maine town, they can't stop their secrets from spilling out. Strange things have been happening lately, and they both feel strongly that something, or someone, is haunting them. They're wrong. Despite their unusual history and powers, it's neither Aimee nor Alan who is truly haunted. It's Alan's cousin Courtney who, in a desperate plea to find her missing father, has invited a demon into her life - and into her body. Only together can Aimee and Alan exorcise the ghost. And they have to move quickly, before it devours not just Courtney, but everything around her...

Filled with heart-pounding romance, paranormal activity, and rich teen characters to love - and introducing an exciting new YA voice in Steven Wedel - this novel is exactly what Carrie Jones fans have been waiting for. Meet your next obsession.


I wonder if this is written in alternating point of view. Did Carrie Jones write the part of Aimee and debut author, Steven Wedel write the guy, Alan's part?

Hey, guys. Did you notice something in the description? Courtney has invited a demon into her life. Then it says they have to exorcise the ghost! Is a demon and a ghost one and the same? Are the two words synonyms for the same creature? Are you willing to accept this? Or not?! What do you think?

After Obsession releases September 13, 2011 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

11 comments:

  1. This had me at 'exorcise'. Hopefully the book will be as great as it's sounding -- glad we don't have to wait too long now to find out. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very exciting and with a strong touch of romance. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, intriguing....and I'm wondering about that demon/ghost thing, too.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe there are only a few more days until the release for this book. I am so excited! great chocice for WOW!

    I'm your newest follower :)
    care to follow back?

    lovelifeandreading.blogspot.com

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have this - just haven't gotten around to it yet!

    Here's our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. captivating cover.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesdy.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! New follower here.
    I'm def. excited for this release. The cover alone is gorgeous.
    I would buy just for that alone. haha but the premise sounds so interesting.

    Have a great week :)

    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...lots of questions for a rainy Wednesday...I am not sure what to think but...it looks good...really good...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really excited about this one! I'm definitely a new follower :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this buried under a pile of other review copies and still haven't picked it up! I will... eventually... >.<

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe there are only a few more days until the release for this book. I am so excited! great chocice

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!