Sunday, December 11, 2011

Somebody Killed My Baby!!!

I can't believe I have to write this, but I do. Some murderous, psycho, idiot, killed my beautiful Sweetie. My husband found her lying on the ground outside the back door yesterday morning. She usually sits atop the stair railing, meowing loudly when she wants to come in. I wasn't home and when my husband got up at about 6 AM, he looked out the back window as usual to look for her, but didn't see her in her usual spot. When he opened the door to call for her, there she was, lying on the ground. He called me and told me she had a heart attack. He figured it must have happened while she was on the railing and she collapsed.

Sweetie being beautiful
That didn't sound right because we had just had the greatest time with her the night before, laughing, playing and feeding her her favorite meal of fresh crab legs...those crab legs would make Sweetie talk! *sigh*...My cat was not sick! I just posted shots of her on this blog a few weeks ago at her annual vet visit! I told him to examine her more closely. Sure enough, he called me back and told me she had been shot. He found a bullet wound in her back and it went out through her leg. We assume she went out the gate, came into the path of some demon who shot her and she managed to make her way home before dying.                                                                                                  

My husband made a casket for her and made a little cushion out of some of his shirts. He went into my drawer and placed a pair of my socks on her feet. I'm crying so hard now I can barely see, but I'm pressing on...He wanted a little piece of us to go with her. He buried her in the front of the yard where she waited for him everyday to come in from work. My husband cried so hard. He kept saying over and over how she slept on his chest from the time she was a baby. We had her from the time she was born. She would have been 13 years old in April. I always suspected her mothers unexpected death a little over a year and a half ago very suspicious too, but we didn't find any conclusive evidence.

This is so hard for me. Honestly, I thought I was going to go a little crazy. I really loved that cat. She was my baby, I'm telling you. She was such a gentle, timid cat to have died so violently...So, now once again, I have to say good-bye to another one of the sweetest girls, ever, my beautiful Sweetie. We love you so much, my girl and just like your mother, you'll never be forgotten and will remain forever in our hearts...

I'm going to end with the words of God which is the only thing helping me keep it together right now...

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away--Revelation 21:4

   
Sweetie's last photo with her mom, Boozie 2 weeks before Boozie's death, 4/21/10
Amen.

29 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! Sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry. Some people are just cruel. I know it will be ages before your heart heals, but your baby is in a better place <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, so much. I appreciate your kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. I don't understand how someone could do something so horrible. My best friend had two of her dogs shot before. One died and the other had to have his leg amputated. The dogs weren't even doing anything. (And one was even shot while in their own yard.) Her neighbors were just annoyed that they were barking.

    I really am sorry. I can't imagine what I would do if that happened to one of our dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is broken for you! This is terrible!!!! I cannot believe someone killed your innocent cat! I hope they pay for this! Some people do not deserve to be in this world. Poor sweet cat. I am thinking of you and Sweetie. I don't know what else to say. I am at a loss for words. I love cats and cannot believe someone could be so cruel and heartless. Please know I am thinking of you and your husband and Sweetie is in Heaven with her cat mom. <3 <3 <3 Sending so much love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmweasley, Steph, thanks so much. People are just wicked and evil. It's the same spirit that incites them to kill and rape innocent people. They're sick. I truly appreciate you stopping in and offering comfort. My husband and I are grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. It makes me heartsick to think anyone could do such a heinous thing. There is a special hell for sick bastards like that.

    I only hope Sweetie went quickly. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Maria. That's what kind of haunts me and makes me feel a little crazy. I keep playing over and over in my mind what happened and get sick thinking she suffered. Oh Lord...thanks for your words of comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry. I honestly don't understand why some people are so sick and cruel :( I hope you are able to find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry over this-it is hard to imagine the hate a person must have for their life to do something so cruel to an innocent creature-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steph, mel u, Thank you so much for your kind words. It's only through my belief in God that gives me any sense of peace in this mad world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh June, I'm so sorry. This is the most crazy thing I've ever heard! I totally sympathize - I am in love with my cats too. My thoughts are with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Kate. Us cat people have to stick together! I really appreciate you taking the time to leave comforting words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry to hear about your baby! I am stunned that someone would do something like that. How terrible! I love my cat- and think of my cat and my dog as my children. I don't know what is wrong with the person that did this to your cat- but it is just terrible. I am thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts.

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much, Jess. She really was our daughter. You understand...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really sorry for your loss. Just reading your post had me in tears. I can only imagine how it must feel for you. My cat is my family I couldn't imagine someone doing that to him. I hope that whoever did it gets caught. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Rebecca. You, taking the time to send comfoting words means a lot. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry, June. I just don't see how people can be so cruel. I tell you. People who are cruel to innocent animals are truly evil. I'm sending good thoughts your way. I know it's a tough time of year for such a loss. I speak from experience. I shed tears for your dear Sweetie. I hope she finds peace in whatever heaven there is for animals. I hope they have a heaven, or share heaven with us. They certainly deserve to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Michelle. That is my sincerest wish, that I'll see her again one day...thanks for taking the time to echo my thoughts. I very much appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear June, I'm so very sorry to read of the loss of your cat baby, Sweetie. There's such a hole in your heart after such a difficult loss that truly can never be filled... I know, after 15 years with my cat buddy Kitty Poo. And although the pain has lessened, the feel of his soft fur and comforting purrs are as close as ever. I'll be thinking of you and sending prayers to cat heaven for Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and your husband and precious Sweetie...it is just so unbearably cruel and sad. I don't understand cruel people at all...I will never get hurting an innocent animal...take care and prayers and thoughts are with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debi (one heart), it's so good to hear from you. I'm sorry you had to find such sad news...Thanks for your warm and comforting thoughts. They mean so much to me. I hope all is well with you in Israel.

    Patty, what can I say? You're one of the sweetest. Thanks for being there...it means a great deal to me, more than I can put into words...

    ReplyDelete
  23. There are some sick, horrible people in this world. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking of you and sending a prayer your way.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh no! So cruel! This is so sad to hear! :( I'm sending you ((((hugs))) big ones.
    We had a little dog that lived in the house with us for 15 years, and when she died I was devastated. I feel your pain.
    More ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kristi, Monica, thanks so much. Your kind words meant more than I can say...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so so so sorry for your loss.

    My baby girl died while I was away on an internship in July, a week before I got home. My mom said the vet told her she had a heart attack. But something doesn't feel right about it. I'm convinced someone did something, but since I wasn't here, I have no proof.

    It's hard, I know it is. I'm still grieving my own baby kitty. My husband is really sad about it too, because like yours, my kitty would cuddle up and sleep with him when she was a baby all the time. And when he would go home after spending the night with me at my parents house, she would not leave the room. She hated when he left.

    Other than saying I'm sorry for your loss, I don't know what else to say. I know not much makes me feel better when people say something. The most I can do is give you *eHugs* and send good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Marie, the mere fact that you took time to tell me of your own precious loss, means a lot. Thank you so much for letting me know I am not alone...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so sorry, June. *hugs* This brought tears to my eyes. I love animals and I'm disgusted by how people abuse them. :(

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!