Sunday, November 1, 2009

Welcome

I've been thinking about starting a blog for awhile and I decided to bite the bullet and do it. You may wonder what the meaning of my blog title is: Writing is a Blessing. Well, writing is a form of communication. It's a means of communicating  over time and distance. It enables one to communicate with someone he or she has never met and possibly never will and yet, information can be conveyed. That information can be for entertainment purposes or for information. Of course some use writing to hurt others, but that is not the goal of this blog.

I'm an educator and counselor by profession, so I'm always giving advice and teaching in some form or another. I'm also working on my first novel, which I hope will be sufficiently interesting and well written to elicit publication.

I see writing as an opportunity to help, enlighten and inspire others, hence writing as a blessing. If I write a novel that is entertaining and transports the reader to another experience, or offers a written word of advice that is helpful, that's a blessing. I'll be touching on a number of issues:  my attempts to become a published author, what I learn about the process as well as other topics and interests as they come to me.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll join me on this journey toward being a blessing to others.

Toddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!