Saturday, August 20, 2011

Thank God for Good Friends!

I just have to say, thank the Lord for good friends. Today, I received some sorely needed help and I'm so grateful.

My dad died several years ago. When I cleaned out his house, I gave away a lot of the furniture to relatives. He had a huge truck and it was filled to brim with a lot of personal effects, clothes and such. This is not the usual truck one just drives around. It's industrial size. If even has a compartment that freezes if you need to keep things cold! And it's been sitting in my backyard taking up a huge amount of space

The time has come to get this truck out of here. But before I can do that, I have to empty it out. When I opened it, I almost fainted. I forgot just how much stuff was in there. There was stuff packed into every inch of space--right to the door. I should have taken a picture of it. I picked at it for a few minutes then closed it back up and went into the house. I was paralyzed. Just the though of trying to tackle it made me depressed. Combine this with the fact that I'm a pack rat who hates to throw anything away--it was depressing.                                                                                             

My husband saw I was kind of out of it and called some friends. He asked if they would come over and help me tackle that truck. They showed up today. Their kids even came prepared with an arsenal of video games to watch while the adults worked. We were hot, sweaty and fighting the mosquitoes, but we just passed around the bug spray, got cold drinks and kept at it.

One of the kids had a severe asthma attack and had to go to the hospital--but the parents came over afterwards to help anyway.

Those are real friends. Thanks guys. And God bless...

4 comments:

  1. So true, Veens. The word of God says a friend can be closer than a brother. Thanks for dropping in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad...that you had so much help...and now it is done...yeah for June!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite. It got dark and we couldn't see to finish, but they called today to ask if they should come back next weekend! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!