Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy Release Day! The Immortal Rules, A Blood of Eden Novel by Julie Kagawa


The Immortal Rules, by Julie Kagawa is the first book I've read from this author. Those of you more in the know, are familiar with her from her bestselling novels, The Iron Fey series. I've clearly been missing out because I absolutely LOVED The Immortal Rules. Check out some of the description...
In a future world, vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity.
Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.
Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die…or become one of the monsters.
Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.
Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.
But it isn't easy to pass for human...
If you thought vampires were so yesterday, think again. The Immortal Rules is an original take on the genre. It totally sucks you in...lol... Let me tell you, Kagawa is the queen of worldbuilding! The reader is drawn into the dark, stark, vivid imagery that the author weaves. It's like you're in Allison Sekemoto, the main character's skin, seeing what she sees, feeling what she feels--and that is scary and pulse-pumping, believe me. While this is a vampiric, dystopian story, the author manages to seed in a burgeoning romance, brewing under the surface of all the dark madness. Awesome. 
I can't wait for the next installment. I'm now inspired to go back and read her Iron Fey series. If The Immortal Rules is any indication, I'd better get ready to settle in for another good read.
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa releases April 24, 2012 from Harlequin Teen.
Toodles!

9 comments:

  1. I'm really into this one so far; I loved Kagawa's Iron Fey series and this new series is such a great second series for her! It really does give a new take on the traditional vampire lore, mixing in great dystopia which is a nice twist. Can't wait to finish it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this one sitting on my Nook, and I really need to get around to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!
    I have given you the "Really Know Your Stuff" Award.
    Check it out here - http://bookywooks.blogspot.com.au/p/really-know-your-stuff-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole. This is so sweet of you. I do my best :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh I remember seeing this one on NetGalley...and I was really doubting whether to request it or not because of the vampires, but I'm glad you liked it!! :D
    Also, bummer that you're not going to be ready for the contest!! NEXT TIME!! OKAY??? <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was unsure about reading this because I did not like the Iron Fey books despite all their acclaim. Happily I decided to take a chance and I'm so glad I did, because this book is just flat out amazing! Very excited for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, though? I'm so glad you went for it. It's a superb story and I can't wait for book two either! Thanks for telling me what you think :-)

      Delete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!