Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Selection for Waiting on Wednesday: Possess by Gretchen McNeill

Waiting on Wednesday is the meme that let's everybody know what books your anxiously awaiting. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. I've been going kind of dark lately and I guess it's because the story I'm working on has a kind of dark edge to it. This week, I want to get my hands on Possess by Gretchen McNeil. Check out the description:

Fifteen-year-old Bridget Liu just wants to be left alone: by her mom, but the cute son of a local police sergeant, and by the eerie voices she can suddenly and inexplicably hear.  Unfortunately for Bridget, it turns out the voices are demons – and Bridget has the rare ability to banish them back to whatever hell they came from.

Terrified to tell people about her new power, Bridget confides in a local priest who enlists her help in increasingly dangerous cases of demonic possession.  But just as she is starting to come to terms with her new power, Bridget receives a startling message from one of the demons.  Now Bridget must unlock the secret to the demons' plan before someone close to her winds up dead – or worse, the human vessel of a demon king.


I'd like to get an ARC of this one. I don't want to wait, but it looks like I have to...unless I get lucky...*wink, wink*...we'll see. In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing how dark this gets...whenever I get my hands on it!

Toodles!

11 comments:

  1. Well I sure know you're not the only one looking forward to this book. Me too! It does sound like a dark novel, but I'm as intrigued as you are :D Great WoW pick!

    Here are my WoW picks for this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book has a beautiful cover! I am going to add it to my TBR shelf :). New follower! Happy Reading! My WoWs:

    Butterfly Feet Walking on Life
    For the L♥ve of Reading

    -- Zakiya LadyWings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome I will have to make sure it's on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been hearing such good things about this book. I really can't wait to get my hands on it. Ugh there are so many good looking books coming up and not enough time to get through them all.

    My WOW:
    http://thebookaddict-melby.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-is-weekly-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that cover is amazing. Very atmospheric. This one sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing. See what I'm waiting on here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sold by the cover alone! Wow!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/www-and-waiting-on-wednesday-april-27th.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO MUCH for choosing POSSESS for WoW!!! Totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh...this looks yummy...off to see whether or not I already preordered it...hee hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cover and description.

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!