Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mozal Tov...and a Good Time was Had by All...

This has been such a busy couple of days, but a lot of fun. Friday I went to see the King Tut exhibit. It was really captivating to see artifacts up close that were over 3000 years old. I'm a big lover of flea markets and antique shops and this was the ultimate in vintage treasure hunting! They showed a 3-D film and also clips of the scientists testing the mummy for DNA to determining his paternal parentage. They tested other mummies and proved who his father and grandfather were. Fascinating.

I also ordered a cartouche necklace in sterling. The symbols will depict the name of my much loved and departed cat Boozie.  It'll be made in Egypt and delivered here in a few weeks. Another tangible symbol of her greatness and importance to me.

I attended Dylan's Bar Mitzvah yesterday. He is the son of my dear friend Elissa.  You can tell she is having one of her proudest moments as a mom. Dylan spoke Hebrew flawlessly and led the service without a hitch. Both mother and son are big readers and Elissa will read just about anything. If it's a book, she's reading it. Her only complaint is she can't find enough boy fiction books to buy for Dylan. As a result, he ends up reading a lot of non-fiction. So, come on aspiring writers, lets see if we can come up with some inspiring stuff that boys want to read!



Elissa is so supportive of my writing and is genuinely excited when I tell her of my developments along the long road toward publication. A true friend.

I'm going to try to get some writing done today. Haven't had a chance to do much over the last several days. Have a good weekend everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading what you have to say. Seriously!